Today's Fun-Fact is about the eire similarities of the 16th president Abraham Lincoln and the 35th president John F. Kennedy.
I remember reading and finding these facts fascinating when I was little. And it wasn't until recently when I rediscovered them floating around viral on the internets...
Enjoy and check them out below:
• Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
• John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
• Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
• John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
• Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
• Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.
• Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
• Both Presidents were shot in the head.
...now it gets really weird.
• Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
• Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.
• Both were assassinated by Southerners.
• Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
• Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
• Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
• John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
• Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
• Both assassins were known by their three names.
• Both names are composed of fifteen letters.
...now hang on to your seat.
• Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."
• Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford."
• Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
• A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
• A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.
• Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse...
• Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater...
.....Pretty Crazy Huh??
If you found this as fascinating as I have, Don't Forget to 'Like' and 'Share' on Facebook