Now that the WWDC 10 is behind us let's reflect on the key points that were highlighted by Mr. Steve Jobs. With over 100 new features on the iPhone iOS4 alone, I'll list the main ones from today's keynote provided by mahalo.com:
Interesting Information From the Keynote:
- There are over 15,000 ipad apps submitted every week.
- 95% of those apps are approved within 7 days of being submitted.
- The eBay application will earn $2 billion dollars this year.
- There are over 150 million credit cards entered into iTunes.
- 70% of the revenue received on an app is given to developers.
- 100 Million iOS devices sold as of July 2010
New iPad Features:
- iBooks is adding new features for bookmarks, note taking and PDF viewing.
- Zynga has announced that they will be extending their popular Facebook game Farmville onto the iPhone. It will be available at the end of June.
- Activision is going to release Guitar Hero for the iPhone.
- iMovie for iPhone costs $4.99 and allows in device editing of the HD movies the iPhone 4 can capture.
- iBooks for iPhone has been released and will have the same features as the iPad version. You will only need to buy books once and all of your data is synced for free.
- Available in black or white
- $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 32GB model
- Pre Orders start June 24th in the U.S. France, Germany and Japan. Other countries will be able to pre-order in July.
- Over 100 new features including
- 9.3mm thick (24% thinner than the iPhone 3GS)
- 2 Mic's and 2 cameras
- Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, UMTS, GSM
- Super high contrast Retina display that is 960 x 640 pixels
- Powered by the A4 processor
- Improved battery life: 7 hours talking, 6 hours 3G browsing, 10 hours WiFi Browsing, 300 hours of standby
- Quad band HSDPA / HSUPA that can allow multiple carriers.
- 3-axis Gyroscope (pitch, roll, yaw) for gaming
- 5 megapixel camera sensor (upgraded from 3 MP in the iPhone 3Gs)
- 720p 30fps HD Video
- Video Calling functionality named FaceTime
- Previously named the iPhone OS, the iOS won't confuse iPad owners.
- Over 100 new features and 1500 developer API's
- Improved data protection, Wireless app distribution and multiple Exchange accounts
- Google, Yahoo and Bing searching