This is an update from my previous post of the possible Next iPhone. Gizmodo has updated details, photos and videos of this new design.
With false iPhone imagery and rumors floating about, I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of this. Turns out, this iPhone prototype was lost while being field tested in a bar....and Apple wants it back! This prototype was picked apart and studied to find that it
Hit the link at the end of the post to see more photos, video and reasons why this may be the real deal.
• Front-facing video chat camera
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
• Camera flash
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
• Split buttons for volume
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
• The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
• An aluminum border going completely around the outside
• Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
• Everything is more squared off
• 3 grams heavier
• 16% Larger battery
• Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
...I feel sorry for the proto-type tester that lost the phone to begin with. It's even more unfortunate that he lost it in a bar of all places. Oh tequila, you've done it again...Well either way, I'm sure Apple has a position open!
More details here: